Sunday, April 29, 2007

My fun weekend.

This weekend was definitely full of activities, which is a huge change since usually I stay home on weekends and hang out with Wade. On Saturday morning I met my parents in Irvine and we say a live-feed of Puccini's Il Trittico. I was really amazing! Then after we went to the Cheesecake Factory with some of their friends. Saturday night I met up with my girls (Chris and Mihaela) and we ate at a wonderful Japanese Restaurant called Fukada. After we got our udon on, we headed over to Timeless Treasures for a night crop. We definitely had a great time there, but I was sort of hoping to meet other scrappers. There were about 15 other ladies there, but we were the youngest by at least 10 years and most of them were either talking about their kids or about calories... weird.

But it did give me and my girls a chance to evaluate our new friendships with each other (we started our "friendship" mini-albums). Chris wrote the sweetest journal entry in my album and Mihaela and I got a chance to talk about how much we love our new threesome. Whenever we end a perfect day like Saturday, I am always the first to ask when the next time we will meet will be. I'm so happy they are letting me force my scrapbooking junk on them! (Chris even used the word "crop" in a sentence! I was so proud of her!)


I decided to try to sew today (Sunday). I haven't sewn anything since I started scrapbooking, so I had to rummage through all my boxes of old material. I had so much fun making things! I think I'll go to a fabric store tomorrow to find some yummy prints for future projects.

Here's a new bag I made today. It's dark blue denim on the outside and has a patterned cotton mix on the inside (cream with muted red stars and moons). It has two cell phone holders (one for me, one for work) on either side of the bag (inside).



Here's a close up of the detail. I just used a sewing machine to make the bird and stars.




That was my weekend. How was yours?

1 comment:

renee said...

I'm such an idiot! I've have your blog saved under my favorites but it's on an older post so every time i've logged onto your post I see it and wonder why you don't update it...sorry, i'm an idoit! anyway, love that bag...and when you go to nyc, it you like stamps check out a store called the ink pad...it's supposed to be awesome.