Monday, November 12, 2007

Back in the US of A

Okay, I've been back from Germany for a week now... sorry to those of you who have been waiting patiently for my return (Jen, I know you missed me!!!)

It was DEFINITELY autumn in Germany - I had never seen so many beautiful trees and so much autumn goodness everywhere you turn! (I grew up in Southern California, so the only way I know it's fall is when school starts up again and Halloween decorations show up at Target!)



We traveled A LOT within Germany - We started in Frankfurt, which is known for their apfelwein (apple wine) which is tangy and good. Then we went to Koln which is right by the Rhein River. Then to Berlin to see the site of the Berlin Wall (Kat, I know you are thinking of CHARADES right now!) and do some shopping!

In Munich (Munchen) we spent most of the morning at the "Farmer's Market" - green olives with cheese shoved in them... so good. Then at last we ended up in Heidelberg to see the castles!


It was tons of fun (although traveling with FOUR senior citizens can be a bit... trying...) but I am SO glad to be home!

In other news...
While I was gone, Wade started on our landscaping project at the house - we have no driveway, our backyard is filled with dirt and the house is a wreck... it's great! We'll finally have a backyard that people can hang out in, and a front yard for the dogs!

And last but not least, I was tagged by RENEE, so here goes!

1. If you could have $100 worth of scrapbook paper or assorted embellishments, which would you choose?

Only $100? I'd have to go with embellishments because I already have tons of cardstock and I don't know how to artistically use patterned paper.

2. If you had to choose between using only stamps or rub-ons which would you choose?

This sounds like a dirty question... I chose rub-ons - they're cleaner.

3. If you knew how to do both awesome cards and layouts, but could only do one for a year which would you do?

What do you mean, "IF you knew..." - Layouts for sure.

4. Would you rather own a scrapbooking store or have your own scrapping room at home (can't have both, lol)

My own room - there's always ETSY to sell my goodies!

5. And then last but not least, what is your current scrapping style?

Non-existent? I haven't done a layout in MONTHS!!! I don't think I really have a style - my tastes change SO much!

Have a great week!!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

yay!pics and you are ALIVE! maybe i should start my blog back up! ;D
sounds like Germany was wonderful, can't wait to see more pics. i would love to travel abroad and soak up the atmosphere...ahhh!
your scrapping style is freestyle rockin! who cares if you haven't done a page in a while, you still scrap!
oh, made a b-day card for my daughter with one of your felties on the inside--i will take a pic and show you!
take care! remember you can always leave me a message @ SiS!!

Misty said...

Awesome blog. TFS!
Misty

quietly going mad... said...

Yeah you are back! Looks like you had a lot of fun!! Love the pictures!

Katherine said...

Guten Tag! Was Deutchland ser schoen?

Did it snow? I heard news of crazy snow storms the past few weeks and was thinking of you!

In other news, I stared a blogspot blog too!