Saturday, June 28, 2008

...

It's been quite an eventful week for me...

The biggest news is that my grandmother passed away last Friday. She had been ill for a while. She was the last of her generation that I know of and it kind of makes me worry because now the next family member to go will be in my parents' generation... pretty scary.

So I took the week off from work and spent time with my family. Both of my sisters came down for the funeral and we got to hang out a bit. It was kind of weird because we hadn't seen each other for a while and so we were excited to do something fun, but then again, they were here to remember our grandmother... We decided to try to break up the sadness by going out to dinner together and seeing a movie. We ended up seeing the Strangers - scary scary and lots of fun screaming and clutching onto my sister's arm in fear!


Here are a few layouts I've done recently. I have more up on my SIS account. I'm still doing pretty well with my 365 project, but to be honest I cheat a little. If I make two layouts in one day and none the next, I let it slide. I'll even write the wrong date on the layout just so I'll have one a day - I figure in a couple of years from now I'll have forgotten that I cheated and everything will be okay!




My Etsy shop is almost done - I've decided to let the listings expire if no one buys anything. A whole bunch of items expired last week, but I'm not re-posting them - I guess that means I have some new felties that I can use!!! Thanks so much to all of you that supported me through my first entrepreneurial excursion!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, ALL!!!

3 comments:

Lo said...

I'm so sorry about your grandma, Candice. I love the sentiment on the page with your dad.

Katherine said...

Sorry about your grandma. I remember her from the time she came to the apartment and we all went out to dinner.

marie antoinette said...

i'm glad your family all got together to remember your grandmother. i love your layouts..who is the woman in the first one? that is a great picture..and i LOVE the one of your dad.